- Why You Will Love This
- What We Will Do
- Inclusions / Exclusions
- What Others Say
- Book With Us
A journey through 2500 stairs lead you to this nature’s masterpiece of a place. Sounds exhausting but this rainbow of a trek surely has gold in its end.
Nongriat in Meghalaya homes the most famous Double Decker root bridge , the Jinkieng Nongriat. This place makes it to the list of best offbeat places in India because of its remote wonders and weather.
Nongriat is more than just the double decker bridge. An extra hour hike on any direction will treat you to all kinds of stunning views. It is also a paradise for an entomologist as it shelters more than a thousand different species of colourful insects. There are secret pools and lagoons where you can take a swim anytime and it is full folklores that are cooler than your bedtime stories.
Head for the trek and witness the famous Double Decker bridgeWe start early today and drive towards the starting point of the trek which is a place called Tyrna to Nongriat and en-route be prepared to be marvelled by the cloud’s own abode of Cherrapunjee. But be prepared for the drizzles as Cherrapunjee can get really wet. The trek after that is nothing like a typical trek as you need to climb down a staircase. Your knees will start to give in and you may find your thighs shaking and you will be drenched in your sweat but you will recover every drop of that sweat once you reach your destination. After you reach the end of the stairs and finally see the double decker living root bridge, take a dip in the clear water and freshen up. Get totally awestruck and mesmerised by the view and ambience of Nongriat once you reach the village. Get high on nature or whatever makes you fly if you aren’t flying already, sip unlimited cups of tea, dance and sing with your mates or just relax amidst the waterfalls with a book and some wine and refuel yourself for tomorrow.
Trek to Rainbow falls and head back to ShillongWaking up early(6 am) will ensure that you get to spend quality time near the Double Decker living root bridge before day trekkers start pouring in while getting a natural fish pedicure at the pool in front of the bridges. Ideally by 8 am, we should start the trek to the mystical Rainbow falls and the huge Single Decker Root bridge and then trek back to Tyrna. From Tyrna we take you to back to Shillong where probably more adventure awaits for you.
- Accommodations in homestays
- To and Fro journey from each source to destination.
- Driver Allowance, food and accommodation.
- Guide Fees.
- Airfare/Train fare
- All meals
- All Park entries
- Any personal Expenditure (shopping, medicines etc)
- Costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned under the head ‘inclusions’
- Pay heed to the tour leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound tour.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour
- The tour takes place through Eco-friendly zones. We do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
Pricing NameStartGroup (min-max)PaxPrice